Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Whole 30 Day 5 In Hindsight

If you are short for time, warning:  I have a lot to share!

FOOD
Breakfast:  2 hard boiled eggs, strawberries, macadamia nuts
Lunch:  leftovers from Monday night and a kiwi
Pre-WO:  1 hard boiled egg
Dinner:  onion, peppers, 1/2 can of chicken and 2 eggs somewhat stir fried in olive oil
Water:  LOTS!
Exercise:  1 hour with trainer.  He also took measurements and body fat.

EARLY MORNING ADVENTURE IN HUNGER
One thing I have read is that this food program is based on 3 meals per day and that you will eventually feel good between meals, not craving more food or your body even needing it.  What I learned yesterday morning is that though this seems to be true so far, when your body wants to 'break the fast', it isn't something to kid about!  Of course for me, I learn this the hard way.  Leave for work with breakfast in tow (because I am running late).  Traffic decides to be awful because there was a light sprinkling of snow the night before and NO ONE in Minnesota has ever seen snow before, so they drive like idiots!  When I finally arrive to work I am late and a bit cranky.  My journey to my desk includes 1 flight of stairs in the parking ramp, hike across a lobby (past convenience store selling Diet Dr. Pepper) and an elevator ride up to the 8th floor (more on that another time).  At the top of the parking ramp stairs, I feel a bit light headed and VERY hungry.  I complete the route only to get to the 8th floor and find I have left my badge in my car.  Crankiness has just escalated!  I retrace the route, get my badge, but am feeling weird enough now that I skip the ramp stairs and even take the elevator for that.  By the time I get to my office, I am actually feeling a bit sick.  I sat down and started shoveling the breakfast in!  Phew, emergency circumvented!

FEELINGS & ENERGY
I felt good most of the day.  At about 3:30pm, I crashed, so when I got home I took a nap.  I have since learned that I too long of nap, mine was 60 minutes.  Seems as if anything over 20-25 minutes will make you groggier - YUP, true.  So good to learn these things by trial instead of just believing the book.  I did pull out of it and exercised at 6pm.  All was well until I tried these leg lift thing's in a funky contraption that has me hanging from my forearms trying to pike my legs up from their hanging position.  I have done these before, but of course, this time my left shoulder could not handle the weight (I wonder if I was this heavy the last time I tried this?) and now it is not a happy camper.  Went home and iced it.  Driving home seemed to irritate it - UGH! - stopping driving is not an option!  I slept well.

HIGH FOR THE DAY
I cooked my own dinner!  That may not seem like a big deal to most, but I don't cook.  My hubby did leave some directions, but I had to complete the task all by myself and it tasted good and no fires occurred!

If for some reason this is actually being read, feel free to leave comments.  Also, I would definitely recommend the Whole30. You can learn more about it by clicking the button on the right side of this blog (sorry it is somewhat cut-off haven't figured out how to size it yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment