Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 6 & the Morning of Day 7

So yesterday started out well, but ended with me feeling ill.  But first ,the basics.

FOOD - Day 6
Breakfast:  2 hard boiled eggs, banana
Lunch:  Cran-Almond Chicken salad (from D'Brians, dressing was olive oil)
Dinner:  NADA - couldn't bring myself to eat anything.
Water:  Plenty...

EVERYTHING ELSE
So I was feeling really good yesterday.  I had a great night's sleep.  Productive day at work, even with the person who I wanted to kill on Monday.  So on the drive home, I started feeling punk.  My shoulder aching didn't help any - seems to not like driving.  Once home, made a plan for G to get to bed early (he has been burning candle at both ends and it shows) and went to kitchen to make something for dinner.

I looked in the fridge, freezer, pantry (which we cleaned out and tossed everything not Whole30 except G's shelf - gotta leave the skinny kid something fun to eat) and nothing seemed even slightly palatable. I decided to just wait for me to feel hungry.  Never happened.  Iced shoulder and by 8pm, went to bed, still not feeling that well.  Slept mostly well.

FOOD - Day 7
Breakfast:  2 hard boiled eggs, apple, macadamia nuts

SO FAR TODAY
I feel much better.  Shoulder is not aching.  I was hungry.  The Day 7 Whole 30 email says I need to check into a few common errors.  I need to evaluate these two:

      #3 EAT MORE Energy dragging, but still afraid of fat or carbs?  Eating enough of both sustains energy
           levels, health, and athletic performance.
      #4 BY-THE-NUMBERS  You're so focused on your "numbers' - blocks, grams, calories, or body
           weight - that you override all of the messages your body is trying to send you.

I think that I am not really worrying about the numbers.  I had Pat hide the scale.  However, when entering my food into MyFitnessPal.com, at the end of the day, a few times the message has said I need to consume more calories.  It has made me wonder.  I know from yesterday that I needed to eat more, but I am considering that more of an illness skip.  I know my body wasn't happy because my morning urine was almost orange! (sorry for the TMI)
As for the 'eat more', this I have been contemplating.  I know the areas where I need to add food.  Breakfast is one, but I am struggling with vegetables that I can tolerate in the morning.  Still really experimenting, but anything I have tried was not good, practically had to choke them down and they felt like they just sat in my stomach for the next couple of hours.  I will keep trying.  I also think that I need to add more to my pre-workout and post-workout. That isn't as hard as the recommendations are protein for the former and most of the time I just need to increase portion sized for my dinner to cover the later.

Well, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment